Shao'Kehn is my
Deity of Chaos, Confusion, and Protection. A hard Deity to define, She is
like a combination of the African Goddess Oya (Goddess of Change),
the Greek Eris (Chaos and Confusion), and as a force of nature, as life-force,
instincts, Truth, and vital power. But She is more than that. She is all
of life, as Chaos in this conception of it; She is energy. Chaos, when evenly
balanced with Organization, is a GOOD thing. People who try to rid their lives
completely of chaos are inviting stagnation, entropy, and eventual death.
Shao'Kehn is all that keeps us alive and thriving. She is Light AND Dark, Life
AND Death. Therefore, Shao'Kehn is not a mean Deity, She simply "Is." (She also
usually has two arms, but just not in this picture.)
Shao'Kehn told me, while explaining that there is no such thing as Evil, that a predator hunting its prey in order for it to be able to eat is not evil--it is simply feeding itself, and it is controlling the population of the prey animal. Without the predator, they prey overwhelms its environment and starves to death or dies of disease, possibly inviting extinction.
So Shao'Kehn is all of life. She is on EVERYONE'S side.
HOW TO USE SHAO'KEHN
I am inside of you, dear one. I entwine myself into your mind and soul. This allows Me to help you, by showing yourself to yourself. I am a mirror. It is imperative for one to understand Me and how I work before one can truly use Me. And Fayanora has, through no fault of her own, failed to explain Me properly. Probably because she still do not really understand Me. So I will continue...
...I am the Black Mirror. I am that with which you can scry inside and see your Truth. I am blunt, honest, and I do not give answers often... more often than not, I ask questions and make you give Me the answers. In this, I force you to think. I force you to introspect. I guide you in useful directions. I slash away the lies and burn the facade to the ground. I am not a Goddess for the uncourageous. I will not make it easy... working with Me to truly help you requires you to constantly go into uncomfortable territory. Working with Me hurts, but heals in the end. I open old wounds in order to help them heal.
With Me, if it starts out feeling good, it is a lie. If it hurts, it is the truth. But the hurt will heal in time. I am not represented by fire for no reason, after all. Apply fire to a wound, and it will hurt... but it will stop the bleeding and allow healing. I do for one emotionally what fire does for an open wound. I am the cauterizing agent, causing wellness by causing pain.
I am also dark and mysterious. Working with Me is best done in a dark room lit by fire. I love a black candle. These are not required, but an air of darkness and mystery helps you be ready to explore the dark and mysterious inner realms of your mind and soul. Such a journey is never for the faint of heart, and I do not percieve you to be faint of heart. Yet you must understand what such an ay'lah'kahn'jah means... an ay'lah'kahn'jah is a spiritual journey that challenges you and takes you away from what is comfortable and easy. It causes you to be alone with Me, and I will make you face whatever needs facing. This is why, on Traipah, the ay'lah'kahn'jah requires those taking it to go out and live in the wild alone for three months. This is why the Native American spirit journey requires being alone. No one else will be around you to keep you in your comfort zone. My child, I am not in your comfort zone. I will only be in your comfort zone when you are in your discomfort zone, and your discomfort zone has become your new comfort zone. But the process should never end... always you will leave your internal comfort zone and find yourself in the scary regions of your self.
So if you wish to be truly helped by Me, and by the piece of Me that has entwined itself in your mind and soul, then be aware that the truly helpful Aspects of My being are not silly and happy... they are not comfortable. I *will* comfort you in times of true distress, but My comfort tends towards strengthening you, building you up so you can face what has upset you and deal with it appropriately. It is not an easy process, and it is not a quick process. Fayanora is still in it after years of being in it, and will probably be in it for the rest of her life. Ideally, it is a process that never ends, but always bears results. Like evolution.
1. Shoi’kiin [shoy-keen] AKA
Shoikinsstreamofconsciousness Personality—This Personality is the most random, but most creative
Personality. When I channel this Personality, I am able to write poetry that is
one large paragraph with little or no punctuation, as all the sentences run into
each other, the end of one sentence becoming the beginning of the next
(usually). Some of that poetry will be included in this book, with annotation
telling which personality made it, but it will be obvious when you see
This Personality is the one that arose when Shao’Kehn first came out of The Heart of The Chaos to challenge Ahn’Dahn. So this one can be peaceable (as it usually is), or it can be angry.
2. Shao’kord AKA The Lover—This Personality is much more human-like. She laughs a lot in this personality, and She’s a lot more like Eris in this Personality. It’s this Personality that I get a lot of my Discordian inspiration from. Channeling this one is very fun.
3. Shao’sahn AKA The Mother—Fiercely protective in this form, She’s also very loving. Using this one, you can find comfort and/or protection. It is The Mother you invoke when you call upon Shao’Kehn’s Knife for protection. She also guided me through my spiritual life before I know Who it was.
4. Djao’ide [jao ide] AKA The Wyld Womun—This Personality is Life personified. She is energetic, wild, and a lot of fun, but She doesn’t say much in this Aspect (unless combined with other Personalities). Channel Her in this Personality, and She’ll let you be able to dance past the point of exhaustion. The channeling of The Wyld Womun only stops when your body can’t keep up with Her anymore. She is a never-tiring wellspring of energy.
5. Dame Mah’HKrah [HK said as throat-clearning
sound] AKA The Bitch—(Returned item-if you
don’t like it, tough luck.) I have been feeling the Aspect of Shao'Kehn known
previously only as The Bitch poking at me, trying to get my attention more—and
I've been yielding. Examination of this Aspect has led me to find that She is
not as bad as I first thought. In fact, I've renamed that Aspect. The Bitch is
now called Dame Mah'HKrah (the HK said like clearing your throat) seh Shao'Kehn.
(Dame Mah'HKrah of Shao'Kehn). I renamed Her that because Dame Mah'HKrah sounds
like dae'mah'HKrah, the Dvencoilii word for destruction, because Dame
Mah'HKrah is the Source of All Destruction, whereas Djao'Kain seh Shao'Kehn
(the Omni-Personality) is the Source of All Creation. Now here I wish to speak a
little more on the Dame's personality.
Dame Mah'HKrah seh Shao'Kehn should not be contacted or worked with in any way until one first gets to know one of the other Shao'Kehn Aspects first. (Read http://fayanora.23ae.com/misc/shoikinis.html for other Aspects.) This is because the Dame's personality is not for beginners. She is Destruction, after all. I've had Her star in poems I've written before, and I think "throbbing with potentially dangerous energy and grinning strangely" describes Her well. She's strong, wild, opinionated, outspoken, loud, dangerous, warlike, powerful, maniacal at times, lusty, is easily enraged at times, screams like a banshee, loves being violent, and likes loud aggressive music. However, She can be a very powerful Aspect for getting rid of anything pestering you, like insects in your house or someone trying to hurt you. Invoking Dame Mah'HKrah can be dangerous, but if She has something to do She will be safer to use. Do not invoke Her if you have nothing for Her to do, or She will go wild about the house with anger that you called Her for nothing.
6. Shao’mor’shain [shao more shane]—This version of “The Mother” Personality is a Mother Goddess who’s not afraid to show you what you’re hiding from yourself. I use this Personality to deal with issues I have that I may not even know I have. As the poem about Shao’mor’shain says, “She ripped out my heart, showed it to me,” which is symbolic of Her showing me my hidden pain (showing me my heart/soul). An experience with Shao’mor’shain is one you’re not liable to forget. Don’t count on never having to experience this one, Shao’Kehn has a way of switching personalities on you if there’s something you need to know. My first experience with Shao’mor’shain was where I was channeling The Wyld Womun, but Shao’Kehn, toward the end of the channeling, switched to Shao’mor’shain and shed light on some hidden pain that I was repressing, and I cried. But I felt healed afterwards.
7. Shao’yine AKA The Meditating Mystery Woman—I first found this Aspect in a Discordian writing I was writing. I had no plan for it, I just let it flow. And what was revealed was a mystical, cryptic, mentally stimulating Aspect who appears as a lifelike stone statue. In this form, She is nude and meditating. Come into the room, and Her head slowly rises until it faces forward. Then the eyes slowly open until they reveal eyes that are a fire so bright you’ll go blind if you look directly at them. She doesn’t move at all after that, except maybe toward the end of the experience, and can only thought-speak to you. She is cryptic, and will often answer questions with questions or She may give you all the answers only to have you forget them when it’s over (like a trip with psychoactive plants may be). Merits more exploration.
8. Djao’kain [jao cane] AKA The Omni-Personality—This Aspect acts as the Over-brain for all the others, linking all the other Aspects together. Djao’kain is also The Scryer of The Waters.
9. Djao’grii’lahr [jao gree lar] AKA The Challenger—She stands before you, challenging you to better yourself—to become stronger, smarter, faster, better in whatever way you want and/or need to be better.
10. Zyao'Kain [zyow-cane] AKA The Ancient One—Zyao'Kain is so ancient that She sleeps in a coffin and Her soul wanders around leaving Her body behind. Her body is covered in highly-charged dust, because the Borg-green light She (and Her coffin) emits is Goddess energy. Her coffin is made of green onyx and is elaborate carved with ornate symbols and diagrams. NEWLY REVEALED!
11. Shao'Rain [sh'ow-rain] AKA The All—It's been said that Shao'Kehn is also the All, as is Kohraindehr. This Aspect is how this is so. Shao'Rain is faceless and jet black in color, trapped in the ceiling of the Cave of First Creation. Her body is stretched out in a T shape, and Her arms, legs, and hair have become part of the ceiling. They resemble jet-black veins and arteries that stretch throughout the whole cave complex. Her head can move, but it is the only part of Her that can; and its ability to move is limited. Shao'Rain also has a mirror embedded in Her abdomen, that is usually swirling with thick smoke, but can clear up to reveal anything. NEWLY REVEALED!
12. Shao'Rahk [sh'ow-rock] AKA The Queen of Filth—Shao'Rahk is an Aspect of Shao'Kehn that Shao'Kehn once felt ashamed of, for She is filthy, disgusting, and wilder even than Dame Mah'Hkrah. Shao'Rahk is beyond filthy, She is literally caked in an inch of utter filth, mud, blood, cum, and slime. Fungi and moss grow on Her body. Her fangs are brown-and-red, and Her hair is dripping with various fluids and semi-solids. To say She smells like a charnel house would be a grave insult to charnel houses. And She shrieks like a Demon if clean water gets on Her. For when Shao'Kehn multiplied Herself infinitely, all possibilities were born... including Shao'Rahk, the one who delights in filth. RELATIVELY NEWLY REVEALED!
By Tristan Arts
Shao’Kehn is the thriving throng of
Instincts to get one through all strife;
She is the burning fire in your veins,
When you are damaged, She is aches and pains;
She stirs the heavens into a stew,
To make the rains that nourish you;
She is the energy of constant change,
Shao’Kehn is familiar, She's nothing strange.
Shao’Kehn is the rotten stench of death,
The maggot-eaten bloated carcass
Floating down the river into the jaws
Of the hungry, starving crocodile;
She is the odor of burning flesh
As the animal dies within the flames
Of the forest fire a careless camper left
As he himself now regrets, dying in agony.
Shao’Kehn is the racing heart of the run,
The life-giving chaos of the sun;
She is the sacrifice that saves the herd,
The dangerous power of a simple word;
Shao’Kehn is the violent death of a colossal star,
Its shattered pieces from whence we are;
She is the need to mate, to reproduce,
Shao’Kehn is as sweet as Alóra juice.
Shao’Kehn is the evil taste keeping you safe from poison,
She is the writhing agony of the death
Caused out of survival instinct by the life form
Freeing itself from harm by harming others;
Shao’Kehn is the knife of chaos bearing down,
A natural process of death and destruction
To further the power of thriving life
And fight against the gangrene of entropy.
Shao’Kehn is life and death,
For it's one and the same,
Shao’Kehn is Chaos and Protection,
For it's not just a game.
“I Am Core of Fire”
By Reverend Beautiful Pyre
I am core of fire, passion burning bright,
I am blazing center, eyes like lanterns in the night.
I am pyre flaming, smoke coming out My ears,
I am ablaze with light, and I cry lava tears.
I am chaos brilliant, always-changing flame,
I am ever-moving dancer in My core aflame.
I am sun-hot heart of purest loving bliss,
I am power incarnate, with a vaporizing kiss.
I am shell of marble, immobile till I desire,
I am Phoenix nest—arise now from your pyre.
I am the Guardian of The Onyx Gate,
I am The Challenger, go improve your fate!
I am Meditating Mystery Woman with eyes ablaze,
I am Creator-Destroyer, I build and I raze.
I am Looker Into Waters, the original scryer,
I am Shao’Kehn, I am core of fire.
"The Wyld Womun"
By Tristan Arts
I stand before the altar, ready to dance,
Ready to summon The Wyld Womun;
Turn on the music, move to the beat,
Hold onto my knife, an athame of sorts;
My movements, breathing, and life are my prayer,
The raw act of living without thinking is the summons;
Breathing so hard that my mind can't think,
She is summoned:
She says nothing, but sings a song,
A dance that's all words and none,
Dancing forever without an end,
Joyous is The Wyld Womun,
Joyous is Shoikin.
Dancing forever without end,
She is The Vital Spark of Life,
Lending energy to all of Life,
One can never hope to out-dance Her.
Her wild black hair all a mess,
Striped and painted, Her only clothes are
Leather bands around Her wrists and ankles,
She dances around a fire, but it is dwarfed
By Her radiance and energy.
Her eyes burn as the fires of the stars,
But kindly and lovingly,
Every graceful, fluid movement
Births a million new lives,
Kills a million more,
The pyre of death is the dinner plate of life,
And the fires of Life burn higher and higher.
Oh, I dance! Sweat pours by the liter,
Breathing becomes faster and harder,
Heart pounding in my chest,
Wyld Womun dances forever, but I must rest,
I fall to the ground to recover,
The Wyld Womun still dances.
"Fire Is Light"
By Reverend Beautiful Pyre
Long ago, I was told in a dream,
That Fire is light, but touch it and scream;
Fire is light, but it turns things black,
Fire is light, but can make the earth crack;
Fire is light, but it can murder and maim,
Fire is light, but loves the "bad chaos" game;
Fire is light, but leaves death in its wake,
Don't forget to remember, for your own sake.
Fire is light, touch
it and learn,
Fire is light, it does not always burn;
Fire is light, it can brighten life,
Fire is light, it doesn’t only bring strife;
Fire is light, it can give comfort warm,
Fire is light, to heat our human form;
Fire is light, when contained it brings much good,
Fire is light, and springs forth from the wood;
Fire is light, and is both chaos and order,
Fire is light, but both sharer and hoarder;
Fire is light, but left to spread it does raze,
Loving just light should be naught but a phase;
Though for our own sake, at times, we must let the fire burn,
Or die out if fire’s nature we cannot learn.
"The Dinnerplate of Life"
Rated E for everyone:
"Shao’Kehn is in children,
Who freely laugh and play,
So do something a child would do,
Each and every day."